Saturday, October 12, 2013

Liebster Award

I've been tagged by Sarah (Leilani Sunblade) for the Liebster Award over on her blog here!


To accept this award, I have to:
-Link back to the blogger who tagged me.
-Answer the ten questions she gives me.
-Nominate ten others and ask them ten questions.
-Let those nominees know they were tagged.

1. What are the last five books you read?

That's a hard question, seeing as I don't read as much as I'd like to.  The Bellmaker, by Brian Jacques, and The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling.  (Read it, trust me.  It's nothing like the cartoon.  Much better than the movie.) . . . um . . . that's all I can think of.

2. What are the next five books you hope to read?

Taggerung by Brian Jacques, finish Martin the Warrior, by Brian Jacques, and The Bible, by God. ;)

3. What do you think of when you hear the word "epic"?

I think of the overused word today's society has so much abused!  I try to use the word only when speaking of the great epics of viking voyages, or something along that line.

4. Surprise! You've been offered a month-long, all-expenses-paid vacation to anywhere you like, real or otherwise. Where do you go?

Really?  That's epic!  Er...
I'd go to the Shire, in Middle-Earth, and explore other places such as Gondor, Arnor, and more one place I would make sure not to forget is Amon SĂșl, or Weathertop.

5. What are you listening to right now?

As in music?  Nothing, at the moment.  Oh, wait, I'm listening to the refrigerator, myself typing, the cars going past, and the little hum of the laptop fan.

6. You wake up and find yourself in a room with the hero and main villain of whatever book you're writing (or reading, if you're not writing something at the moment). There are no doors or windows that you can see, and the hero and villain both know you're their author. What happens next?

My villain, the druid Derval, wouldn't care, but my main character, Drustan, likely would.  He'd still probably go after Derval first, but if he was able to subdue him and I was still trapped, he'd go after me.  Not because we hate each other, more along the lines of my hero wanting to be the only one to capture his author.  But I'd probably write myself out before he could get at me.  (My hero sounds pretty antagonistic, doesn't he?)

7. Of the movies you've seen in the last few months, which one was your favorite?

Toy Story.  And then Toy Story 3.  And Brave, which was a good movie.  Oh, oh, oh!  And The Lorax, which was probably my favorite.  But I can't think of any others.  I'm going to watch Aristocats soon too.

8. Pie or cake?

Pie, all the way. (Unless we're talking about Peach Cake.)

9. Who's your all-time favorite fictional villain?

Very good question, seeing as I like villains.  (That sounded weird...)  I'm going to have to say... it's a three way tie between The Joker from The Dark Knight, Lots O' from Toy Story 3, and Badrang from Martin the Warrior.  (Sorry Cluny, you're just not quite up to Badbottom's standards.  I hope you understand.)

10. Name your top five favorite songs from movie soundtracks.

Songs?  Well, I don't really listen to a lot of musicals that much, but I like "Hakuna Matata," (from the Lion King) "Gospel," (from Monster's University), "Be Prepared," (also from the Lion King), "Portebello Road," (from Bedknobs and Broomsticks).  But the fifth one, the fifth one is the best.  Currently, my favorite song is would definitely have to be "How Bad Can It Be?" From the Lorax, though I'm not sure that's the title.  That is an awesome song.

~R. A. H. Thacker

P.S.  I don't have anyone to tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question? Comment? Ramble? I love to hear it all!