Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Terror-r-rible Tuesdays!

W-welcome to Terror-r-rible Tuesday, the day we post the most terrible, horrific, and basically plain ol' scary character we know.  Your character must be bloodcurdling - but the most terrible villains aren't just simply evil killers, they are terrors in psychological powers as well - now THAT'S what makes you shiver when you hear the name Rigou from Little Dorrit.

So what's the villain you hate, fear - or even respect through fear - the most?  Is the villain so real you can almost feel his presence behind you?  Pick the villain that sends shivers down your spine - yet maybe you have no idea how to explain why.  And as a second challenge, if you write stories yourself, pick your scariest, most well-developed villain you've made.

Or give it a twist.  Terrible Tuesdays can be about anyone.  What if the character just happened to be your freakish hero?

So what is mine?  The character who gives me the absolute creeps is Rigou, from the BBC broadcast of Little Dorrit.

And what about my own characters?  There could be no other man that literally freezes the marrow in bones than Darian Koth.  Leader of the Forecasters, the evil, barbaric magicians seeking to sap all the world of its magic... and the dragons with it.

 Darian Koth. 

Post your character below.  Choose wisely - Sauron won't be happy if someone doesn't pick him.

~R. A. H. Thacker

11 comments:

  1. I'd say Kr'Nuos from Legends of Karac Tor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read a Karac Tor story. He sounds like a good villain though.

      Delete
  2. IT. From A Wrinkle in Time. Creepy!!!!

    Rigoud is definitely scary though. That little song that he sings is freaky too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read A Wrinkle in Time yet. I should.

      Yeah, and all the while I'm just going: 0.o

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hehe, sure!

      . . . although I thought Jorus was scarier? :P

      Delete
    2. Psh. No way. :P (No offense, Gwin.)

      Delete
  4. Of villains not my own, I would say Big Brother, from 1982, It, from A Wrinkle in Time, Rigoud, from Little Dorrit, and the Ringwraiths from LOTR. (Sorry, that's a lot...)

    Of my own villains, I would say it has to be either Drayhaan, Purge, or Vengeance. But nobody but my sisters and I know who they are. ;)

    (By the way, where did you get the illustrations of your villain, Darian Koth? They're very good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to read 1982 and A Wrinkle in Time - I've been hearing a lot about 1982 recently. Yeah, they're all good villains. But now you've made Sauron even angrier because you picked his servants over him . . . XD

      They have cool names, whether I know who they are or not.

      I got the illustrations from a google image search, actually. I wish I had made them myself. XD

      Delete
  5. Am I too late? If not, Cythraul from Wayne Thomas Batson's The Dark Sea Annals. And Devin from Bryan Davis' Dragons in our Midst/Oracles of Fire series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, never too late.

      Those are interesting villains as well.

      Delete

Have a question? Comment? Ramble? I love to hear it all!